Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Kaiser got picked!!


Oh my goodness, how exciting is this?!?! I was sitting at home Monday night when my phone rang. Like usual (because I am completely antisocial and hate talking on the phone) I let it go to voicemail because I didn't recognize the number. A message popped in before I even finished Googling the number to see if anything came up. The number traced to Barbara O'Brien! (For those to whom this means nothing, Barbara is the animal actor photographer we auditioned for again a couple of weeks ago when we were in Minneapolis for the USDAA trial.)

In her message Barbara shared that Target had chosen Kaiser for their upcoming Halloween costume shoot! Um, what?! I called her back immediately and got the details. I was totally surprised because they've never shown interest in him before (not knowing what he was), but Barbara said they loved his size and look.

The shoot is this coming Monday up in Minneapolis, so I'm taking the day off work to drive up for it. I don't expect it takes that long. I'm pretty sure I'll take Kaiser by himself; he doesn't seem to have any problem traveling solo.

I'm so excited and looking forward to the experience. It will be awesome to have an Alaskan Klee Kai represented on products sold nationwide (worldwide?). I have no idea what the gig pays, but I've always said just the experience of seeing my dogs on "stuff" is more than enough for me! And who knows, perhaps this experience could lead to other jobs if everything goes well. Kaiser is a super-duper poser, after all, and I'm sure Barbara was impressed by the fact that he doesn't even blink at the flashbulbs and other stuff going on around him.


Barbara actually did put Secret in the gallery of dogs that she made available for Target to choose from for the shoot (she was in the "Large" dog gallery -- the pictures here today were downloaded from Barbara's client gallery). I was surprised (about both of them) because I didn't get any sort of feeling that she planned on possibly using either of them for the Halloween shoot since she didn't ask either of them to wear an outfit. Maybe she's seen enough of my Facebook pictures with the dogs wearing crap? lol

I thought Secret's photo was super duper cute! Barbara even got her with her mouth open, looking all smiley and happy. It looks like they chose a different Border Collie for the large size; one with a very classic and traditional look about him. Oh well, maybe Secret will get another opportunity in the future. I still think she needs to be a head model.  :o)  Because just look at how adorable her face shoots!

I've heard nothing but good things from my friends who have been lucky enough to participate in photo shoots, so I'm hoping for an equally good experience. I'll be sure to report back after it's all said and done!

In other news, there is a light at the end of the dark tunnel of the winter that never ends. The temperatures have remained well below normal lately, but it has been warm enough to keep melting the ice out of the backyard. As of this morning about 80% of the yard is visible and it was cold enough that the patch furthest to the left was solid enough for us to play a quick game of fetch before I left for work (I had a dinner function and knew we wouldn't be able to play when I got home tonight).

I've been covering the muddy spots with hay and it's preventing the worst of the mess from being brought into the house. We've been hiking a lot out on the trail recently, but I'm really looking forward to being able to play in our own yard again! Hopefully very soon!

Entries went in the mail today for the USDAA trial at the end of the month. I'm confident that we'll have been able to get in some agility play by then, so hopefully Secret goes into that trial with a bit more oomph. She'll need it; she's signed up for all five core classes... Time to give P3 Pairs a try. It's the third run of the day, though, so she shouldn't be too run down by that point. Luke is entered in three runs that day! It will be his first time in Veterans Jumpers!

No comments:

Post a Comment