Monday, May 2, 2011

Lexie is here!

What is Secret peering at under the table? What is making her thump her tail so fast that it is a blur on camera? lol

Why, it would be Lexie! Lexie arrived yesterday from Canada and today was her first time meeting my crew. I think it was a little overwhelming for her at first. Kaiser was the worst, surprisingly. Secret snarked at first but then wanted to be best friends. Luke has not yet acknowledged Lexie's presence (as is usual with new additions, it seems).

Lexie decided that being under the table was her "safe spot" to go to when the other dogs were around. Secret & Luke can't fit and for some reason Kaiser left her alone there. But when my dad brought out the treats and my dogs started mugging him, Lexie was definitely interested in what was going on!

Here's a shot of the little cherub from above. Lexie is going on a weight loss program. She's done pretty much nothing (except eat....) for her seven months of life and it shows. If we are going to turn her into an agility star, we have to start by getting her in shape. :o) And how better to do that than to take her along on walks with us?


I can't believe how small she looks next to Kaiser. There aren't many dogs that make Kaiser look big!
And she's an absolute midget next to Secret. Secret is very interested in Lexie. I'm sure some day it will be mutual. :o)

I wish I had more to share, but we honestly have not done a lick of training since the trial last weekend. Nothing. Partly because of the weather, partly because of my schedule, and partly because I'm just lazy. We should be able to do something this week, though. My contacts are still in the garage.....

No comments:

Post a Comment