Saturday, February 20, 2010

Another trip to the vet & PetSmart



First an explanation of the picture. :o) For the past couple of days, Secret's right ear has been really flopped over for some reason, so I picked up some moleskin today in an effort to prop it up a bit. I'm not going to go through the whole process of setting her ears at this late stage, I'm just trying to see if I can encourage it back into it's more upright position. That ear basically started to look like an Aussie ear for some reason.

I taped both ears, but the left one fell off pretty much right after the picture was taken. The right is staying put, so I'll leave it be for a while and see what happens. The left ear is actually nicely upright on its own, so I'll probably just use the rest of the moleskin to keep supporting the right ear for a little bit, so long as Secret is agreeable to it. Her ears have moved around a bit during the teething process, but have never been so flopped over as recently.

At any rate, Secret went to the vet yesterday for her bordatella vaccination and to have Dr. Randy check out the progress on her teeth. Secret weighed in at a whopping 32.4lbs! I was expecting closer to 30, so I was surprised. She didn't enjoy her intranasal vaccination, but what dog does? Randy was very happy with how her teeth grew in, so we all breathed a big sigh of relief. If all my pushing & yanking on it did any good we'll never know, but that awful right lower canine ended up in the proper spot, so we're happy! Pictures below!






Today we took a field trip to PetSmart again. I picked PetSmart because they tend to have more activity going on there and I like how the aisles are set up. Secret did much better from the start this time and didn't cower behind me at all.

We sat and chatted with an associate for a while and Secret was very happy to take treats from her. There was a class going on while we were there, with the dogs working on heeling skills through the aisles, so Secret had to be good while multiple dogs came past us (most of them out of control). I have to say, I think she did quite well. She was very unsure of the little girl who got a bit close to us and she growled at one point. We obviously haven't spent much time around children.

This trip was definitely better than the last, but we'll keep working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment