Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Secret vs the HOSE!



I can't believe it, but I've finally found something that Secret went nuts for -- The Hose.

It was HOT yesterday. We hit a record high of 94 and it was humid; definitely a day that was not good for doing anything outside. Alas, the dogs needed to do something AND the lawn needed to be watered, so I decided to kill two birds with one stone. Truthfully, I already knew that Luke & Kaiser wouldn't be interested, but I secretly hoped that Secret might find it a fun game.

Did she ever! I have never seen her get so wound up about anything in her life thus far. She thought the water shooting out of the hose was just grand and she would chase it in circles, pounce on it and snap at it coming out of the nozzle.

The game actually went on for quite some time, especially considering how hot it was. Normally she poops out far sooner, but I guess she's willing to work a bit harder when she thinks it is the most fun game on the planet.



I had a pooped out puppy at the end of it all, and a very wet one at that. Luke tolerated being sprayed with the hose because he was hot, but Kaiser wanted none of it. He thought Secret was nuts and watched the whole game from the shade next to the house. Poor Kaiser does not tolerate heat well at all.

The end result? We went back in the house, had dinner, and then Secret crashed for the ENTIRE night. Yay for our new friend, the hose! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment