Monday, April 11, 2011

April Showers....

This is the scene in my yard following the storms that rolled through this weekend. One lone hoop remains standing amongst the carnage. Half of the plastic blew down, too -- Honestly, I would love to see if we could go without that retched plastic this year, but I have a feeling nothing will have changed with the stupid neighbor dog.

The first big storm came through Saturday evening. I was glad that it waited until I got home from work, but the timing of the storm also meant that we got little sleep Saturday night. First I had to convince Secret to even get on the bed (versus hiding in the closet) and then she was unsettled and moving around until the storm finished in the wee hours of the morning.

Another whopper blew in on Sunday, unfortunately while I was working at the shelter. We had a tornado warning, huge hail and tons of wind. I worried about what I'd find when I got home, but thankfully they seemed none the worse for wear. I dare say Luke seemed more stressed than Secret, and he's been doing better with storms lately. At any rate, I was happy to see that Secret didn't seem too bothered. The wind was blowing quite a bit against the house in the evening and she didn't seem disturbed in the least. Apparently it's just the thunder/lightening combo that upsets her.

We got in some training time Friday afternoon after work! I haven't gotten the contacts out of the garage yet, so we are focusing on jump work right now. I found a decent Open Jumpers (NADAC) course in my pile and decided to set that up for everyone. I took video -- It's about a million miles away, but you can still see some of it. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment