Wednesday, April 20, 2011

We have a new family member coming!

It is official! In a week and a half we will have a new family member joining us! :o) No, she is not mine and will not be living with us -- But she will be coming to visit often because I plan to steal her away several times a week to train. Yes, I will be training a Scottish Terrier in agility. Fun times, fun times. lol I can't wait!

Currently her name is Pink (my parents are leaning towards Alexa/Lexi but my dad is waffling for some reason) and she is coming from Stalwart Kennels in Alberta, Canada. I found her through one of my scottie agility contacts, who let me know about her because she was turning out to be more petite than the breeder wished and they thought she would make a great agility candidate with her fine bone and spunky attitude. When we received the pictures, my dad was sold and we managed to talk my mom into it.

My parents have been without a dog for about a year and a half, since our Westie, Buddy, passed away at age 15 1/2 in November of 2009. It's been much longer since they have had a Scottie, as Cody passed away about a year and a half before Buddy. My dad is a long time Scottie lover and has dearly missed having one in his life. We are so excited to welcome the new addition.


We are curious to see what my dogs do. Pink is seven months old, so still very much a puppy. Secret likes puppies and small dogs in general, so I think she will be okay. Kaiser likes all dogs and especially girl dogs. Things might change for Kaiser.... Pink is coming on a breeding contract, so Kaiser might lose his boy bits here in the future. Time will tell -- We have to see how hard it is to manage. And Luke? Luke still doesn't think he's a dog so I'm sure he'll just ignore her.

My dad is flying to pick her up at the end of the month, so you can expect to see an update on "Pink" come May 2. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun time coming your way :) How exciting! Better check all those little boy bits at the door ;)

    ReplyDelete