Monday, December 28, 2009

Lazy Weekend



We had an incredibly lazy weekend following the Christmas rush.

Unfortunately, the yard remained horrid all weekend from the ice we got during the holiday, so we were able to do very little meaningful activity outside. I brought the dogs into work both Saturday & Sunday for some running time on flat ground. Secret bit the dust on the ice a few times, but just got back up and kept running. :o)

I finally got back to training on Sunday. I decided to shape Secret to stick her tongue out on command. We actually got pretty far with it and I expect it to be fairly solid in one more session. In addition to "Stick your tongue out," I also touched on getting her to lower her head to the floor when she's in the down position. I figure it will be a useful skill to have in place for some future tricks.

Secret has another appointment at the vet's office this afternoon to get her next puppy shot. I've been following her around outside all day trying to get a stool sample to take with us and she's holding out on me so far. I received an e-mail from one of the other puppy owners that her puppy, Sonata, had tested positive for hookworms and giardia! Mozart's owner, Ruth, piped in and said that he had tested clean, but I still feel as though it's probably safest to take in a sample to be tested since we have an appointment, anyhow. Now she just needs to provide one for me by 3:30 this afternoon! She hasn't gone since 6 a.m., so I figure she's due any time here....

No comments:

Post a Comment