Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Secret's first day at work



Secret didn't get much time to settle in before her big debut to the world! First thing Monday morning, we had to get up and go to work! I hadn't told my parents that I was bringing home a dog from the show over the weekend. The only warning they had received was from my Facebook status updates, saying that I would have a surprise for everyone on Monday. :o)

My dad was at work when we arrived. My arms were full, so I decided to leave the dogs in the car while I made the first trip into the office. My dad questioned right away what the big secret was, but I think he may have had an idea (no doubt put in his head by one of my friends who IMMEDIATELY guessed what my secret was when I posted!).

Secret's reception went better than I expected! This is no doubt due to both her loving & friendly personality, but also a face that makes you melt into a puddle. She fit right in immediately and made herself right at home. She and Kaiser played nearly the whole day away. They are perfect for each other in play style and energy level! Luke, for the most part, is just avoiding her.



Over the course of the entire day, I think Secret slept for about 45 minutes. I was certain that puppies were supposed to sleep more than that, but they kept at it all day long. And all night! I finally had to pick her up around 7:00 so that I could get her & Kaiser to stop playing and go to sleep. It worked immediately, and everyone zonked out for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment